We keep this love in a photograph

Photographs. I love them
Correction
Loved them

I have bottom bunk. And up until about a month ago, I had the wall in my bunk covered in photos. Polaroids. Quotes. Notes. Then one night I ripped them down. Every one of them.
  I could not figure out, for the longest time, why I did and why I felt relieved after I did so. But now I know.

Those pictures were of the person I was. And they made me sad. Every time I looked at the, I saw myself smiling and laughing with people and kids and my dogs and it made me sad. Because I'm not that person anymore and I wished I was. Things aren't how they were when those pictures were taken.
I've had surgery since those pictures. Two, actually.
I fought with my best friend and we didn't speak for a month since those pictures were taken.
I've yelled at people since those pictures were taken.
I have become a different person and the people around me have too. The circumstances have changed.
Hell, I changed my major since those pictures were taken. And fought with my parents over it.
And those pictures depressed me so much because I wanted to be the same person I was in them and in that time. Wanted the people in them to be the same. But we aren't.
And we shouldn't be.
I was living in the past looking at the pictures and quotes.
Now I can focus on the future.
Now, I can focus on the now.

ρнσтσѕ ¢αρтυяє α мσмєит. α тιмє. αи∂ ωє ¢αи ℓσσк σи тнαт тιмє αи∂ ℓαυgн σя ωє ¢αи ℓσσк σи тнαт тιиє αи∂ ¢яу. иєιтнєя ιѕ ωяσиg.

Comments

Popular Posts