Why Essential Oils



  I LOVE essential oils. I have been using them for a year in May. Yes, I was skeptical at first. But I was at the point in my life where I just needed something to help my aches and pains; I have chronic pain in my shoulder, neck and back. I’d also hoped essential oils would help with my anxiety, which I have struggled my whole life with.

I needed to do something to change my lifestyle.

Thankfully, a family friend convinced me that I had to try oils. So $160 later, I had a Young Living starter kit. BEST decision I ever made. I had tried essential oils before, only because I have an aunt who distributes DoTerra. And they did nothing for me. I honestly though it was a bunch of hooky-looky.

Now, I don't know a ton about DoTerra BUT, I do know that Young Living oils are 100% pure  therapeutic grade. (I also know that all oils effect everyone differently; DoTerra works for my aunt just like Young Living works for me.) YL oils are extremely potent. There's an amazing science behind how oils affect the body.

Once I received my kit, I started by diffusing lavender; simple, right? By the first week, my sleep cycle was amazing. I not only fell asleep faster, but stayed asleep the whole night.

Now I was convinced. These oils were amazing. Next step: conquer the shoulder pain.

The pain I experience ranges from a dull ache to stabbing pain when I breathe. So I made a Muscle Roller: Young Living's Panaway, Peppermint, and Copiaba oils. The peppermint is cooling to the skin and the copiaba helps with inflammation. Panaway is designed for sore and tight muscles. It is amazing. So far, 2/2!

Once I’d been using my oils for a few months, I’d found that there are so many oils for anxiety! (Lavender, Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Frankincense to name a few.) Young Living also an oil blend called 'Stress Away' and let me tell you, it is wonderful. It smells like Cedarwood and Vanilla. These oils(plus others) have helped me with depression, something I’d recently I started using using oils for regularly, either on my temples or a drop on my diffuser necklace.

All in all, essential oils have been a huge support to all aspects of my life. I hope this post got you thinking about how you could benefit from oils on a daily basis!

Comments

Popular Posts