September vs. May


  In September, you get a new wardrobe. New binders, pencils, pens, highlighters, fresh paper and notebooks and anything else you can come up with, because it's only a dollar. You tell yourself you need to reset your sleep schedule because schools a comin'. You get up early to curl your hair and make sure your eyeliner is perfect. You wear your cutest outfit.

  It is May. The earasers on my pencils are fried, the highlighters are dry and I'm using the paper I find under books from last semester. I wake up ten minutes before I leave and concealer is the farthest I reach for in my makeup bag. I wear slippers and yoga pants to school and hope everyone else is too tired to get me in trouble for violating the dress code. I'm living off of coffee and thanks to stress eating, none of my jeans fit. Finals are coming and no one is ready. The nice weather says "ditch studying, sit in the sun and drink iced coffee." The SAT is coming and I have no time to study. Oh May, go away. And take my finals with you.



Comments

Popular Posts